PARIS-BASED MENTOR (ONLY for native English speakers).
The mentor will work with one student (boy, aged 11) at his home in Paris. Separate accommodation will be provided for the mentor. The role would suit an inspiriting, energetic and knowledgeable tutor who speaks French. The mentor should also be able to assist with science tutoring.
The student already receives tutoring in English, Maths, Chinese and Russian. The mentor will therefore be responsible for overseeing his academic performance and ensuring that he fulfils his potential. The Mentor should be suitably qualified, experienced and previous experience mentoring in a similar role would be a distinct advantage. A PGCE is desirable but not essential.
- Native English speaker
- Tutoring/mentoring experience
- Design a bespoke personal development plan tailored to the student’s needs,in conjunction with the Academic Director.
- Regular liaison meetings with the Academic Director to discuss progress.
- Compile monthly progress reports.
- Oversee a science tutoring programme in conjunction with AcademicDirector.
- Accompany student and family on holiday.
- Develop student’s academic skills — Organisational and time management skills, revision tips and techniques.
- Ensure the student is taking full advantage of the learning resources availableto them.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Share knowledge and experience with the student.
- Personal and social skills development.
- Take part in activities with student including football and boating.
- Inspire student to take up new activities and interests.
- Prepare student for possible UK/USA school/university entry.
It is the Mentor’s responsibility for safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact, to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post, the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the school or home s/he must report any concerns to the Managing Director or the Academic Director.
- at least for 12 months.
Terms and Conditions:
- The salary and hours are negotiable, the salary will include the accommodation costs. The salary will be discussed at the interview.
Candidates should apply with a CV and cover letter explaining why they would be suitable for the role. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Если у вас есть вопросы, касающиеся обучения, проживания, оплаты или оформления документов, Вы можете заполнить форму и в поле «Сообщение» написать то, что Вас интересует.